We planted spaghetti squash in our garden last summer & now we have buckets of the stuff. I’m always looking for new recipes to try with it. Tonight I made one up based on the stuff in our fridge. You could easily substitute any veggies or meat that you like-or leave the meat out for a vegetarian meal.
A delicious way to use spaghetti squash that will appease even the pickiest of eaters.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 2-3 mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-2 links of hot Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4-1/3 cups shredded Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice the squash in half lengthwise and place face down on a cookie sheet. Put enough water on the sheet to cover the bottom. Bake for 1 hour, or until soft. (You can also microwave the halves for 20-30 min). When soft, run a fork along the inside to scrape the meat away from the shell.
- Meanwhile, cut the veggies into bite-size chunks and set aside. Remove the casings from the sausage and brown. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and saute the veggies. Remove from heat, set aside. Melt the butter and let cook over medium heat until slightly brown. Add all the ingredients except cheese and stir together. Top with cheese & serve.