This recipe comes from my Dad’s side of the family, but I think each family has their own version. I happen to love ours. I love that you get that coolness from the avocados with some crunch from the peppers. I love the sweet and a hint of spicy… mmmmm so yummy. And, it’s easy!!
We made this a little bit back for our friend’s birthday party BBQ and it’s the perfect take a long dish. You don’t have to worry about keeping it hot or decorating it etc. Just toss it all together and serve with chips. Perfect!
A delicious "salsa" packed with flavor!
- 1 Green, red or yellow pepper (if you double the recipe just use all three)
- 1 Can white corn or Hominy (doubled I use both)
- 1 Can diced italian or Mexican style tomatoes
- 1 Purple Onion, diced
- 1 Can black-eyed Peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can Black Olives, sliced
- 1 8 oz Bottle Italian Dressing
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Small Can Diced Green Chiles
- 1 ts Cumin
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1/2 Bunch Cilantro
- Mix everything, but the avocado and cilantro and let sit a few hours or overnight. Before serving add avocado and cilantro and serve with chips. It's delicious for eggs rancheros etc too!