I think I may love these peanut butter, chocolate chip, Reese’s peanut butter cup cookies. I’m a huge peanut butter fan and what better way to enjoy it than with chocolate in a cookie form?! The cookies are tender and not too overpowering with the peanut butter. I adore the little nuggets of peanut butter cups. In fact, by my second cookie I was looking over the whole batch to find the one with the most pb cups in it.
We still have loads of candy leftover from Easter and it’s terribly hard to get through considering that we aren’t eating a lot of treats these days. I have to find ways to use it in baking or else I’m doomed to never be rid of it. I played around with Milky Way Candy Bars last night, but I didn’t like how much they melted down. I’ll have to try, try again. I was using them in brownies, and I’m still convinced we can figure it out, I’ll just have to see what I can do, ohhhh maybe freeze them first? Ok, that may work. I’ll keep ya posted.
In the meantime, you should probably go look through your Easter candy or run to the store to buy peanut butter cups because I am just positive that these will be your kids’ next favorite cookie. Forget Chocolate Chip! It’s all about the peanut butter cup!
Soft Chocolate chip peanut butter cookies with nuggets of delicious peanut butter cups.
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter (JIF is best)
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened (just let it sit on the counter for a bit, do NOT microwave)
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Whole Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
- Heat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl combine the sugars, peanut butter, egg, milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth and well incorporated.
- In a smaller bowl mix the dry ingredients with a whisk. This will allow even distribution in the cookies so they bake up perfect.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together. Do not over mix.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix in the chocolate chips and Peanut Butter Cups.
- Scoop onto a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a minute before moving them to a cooling rack.