Fluffy, chocolate pancakes with healthier ingredients than your typical buttery pancake. Plus, a luscious Strawberry syrup to drizzle over the top.
- 1 1/2 Cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 Cup White Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Wheat Germ
- 2 Tablspoons Cocoa
- 3 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Plain, Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 Cup Fat Free Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Cube (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 3/4 Cup Strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- In a bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, salt, baking powder and cocoa. Sometimes, there are tiny little clumps of the cocoa. Don’t worry, it will all work out.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, eggs and vanilla. Create a well in the center of the flour and add the wet ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat and rub with a little unsalted butter. Use 1/4-1/3 cup to scoop out the batter and pour onto the hot pan. Cook until little bubbles have formed and begun to pop. Flip over and cook through, about another minute. Serve with homemade syrup and lots of love. Enjoy!
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the milk, strawberries, sugar, and butter. Heat until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture begins to boil. Remove from the heat and quickly add the baking soda, stirring to incorporate it. Serve hot.