Thanks for having me Carrian!
Ooey, gooey cherry chocolate chip bars that are sure win over anyone you want to love. ;)
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 (16 oz) package refrigerated Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 3/4 cups oats
- 8 oz cream cheese, soft
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 (21 oz) can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1/3 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl break up the refrigerated cookie dough with (clean hands). Knead in oats and mix until evenly incorporated. Press 2/3 of the dough into a lightly greased 8 X 8 inch square pan, reserving 1/3 of the dough. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the crust is just set.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg and set aside. In another bowl the beat cream cheese until smooth with no lumps. Beat in sugar, then stir in vanilla and egg. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the cookie crust.
- Pour cherry pie filling evenly over the cream cheese layer. Evenly sprinkle the remaining cookie dough over the top, then top with shredded coconut.
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes until set or lightly golden. Let cool completely, then cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
slightly adapted from Allrecipes