Yup, you heard me. It’s 7-layer dip piled high on a delicious, Ball Park Hot dog making a 7 layer dip hot dog! Cade was not all that convinced that this hot dog was going to be worth it. He’s a hamburger man. As are most men. But trust me, you pile it high with a ridiculously awesome Super Bowl dip and you will have everyone, grown or young, begging to have one. Hello?! Do you see the guacamole? Sold! One of the best hot dogs I’ve ever had. Hands down. And I’ve had a lot of hot dogs. I’m hot dogs over burgers every time. Well, unless it’s a turkey burger. Or that burger that we had with Tillamook at Squatters Pub on Monday. That was a great burger…
My girls have totally turned into hot dog lovers. I guess it’s all of the BBQ’s we’ve been to lately. I love how little C says it, “Mom, I want a dot dog”. Ok, you say it that cute and I’ll give you anything you want. Don’t you love this stage when they are blabbing away, but half of the words sound like something else. Like how little C says, “frog”. Well, I wont tell you what word it sounds like, but I will tell you that it’s pretty much the worst word in any language. I still can’t help but roll over laughing when she says it.
We chose to go with the Ball Park Franks. They are super flavorful and actually taste like meat versus some of the competitors… which will remain unnamed… I’m just sayin’. 😉 These Angus Beef Hot Dogs from BallPark are packed with great flavor and made with 100% Beef!! In other words, they not only are made with real food, but they taste blasted fantastic!
7 Layer Dip Hot Dog
- 4-5 Ball Park Hot Dogs, grilled
- Hot Dog Buns
- 1 Can Refried Beans (I like to add about ½ teaspoon of cumin and chili powder)
- 1 Cup Mexican Crema (found by the cheeses or sub sour cream)
- 1 Cup Guacamole
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Olives, Chopped
- Cilantro, Chopped
- Fresh Lime juice
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, dump in the refried beans and additional seasoning if desired. Heat through for about 7-9 minutes. Remove from the stove, and place a lid on them to keep them warm.
- Once the hot dogs are grilled, pile on the beans, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, lime juice, cheese, chopped olives and cilantro. Serve Immediately!