If Artichoke Dip is good, spinach is good, and sun-dried tomatoes are good then all of that together in a soup must be good, Artichoke Dip Soup. Yup, it is.
My hubby has had an injury for quite a while now so he hasn’t been working out. Well, he feels he is getting too out of shape and so he wants to change that. He asked me to help him by making healthier meals. One week later I made this. It’s so hard to remember!!!! I love him dearly, but my mind thinks in food. I’m always wondering what new recipe I could come up with and sometimes I just HAVE to try it. He forgave me and tonight we are have chicken, rice and broccoli. Hawaiian chicken which has a bit too much sodium, well and brown sugar, and fatty coconut milk… AWWW shoot! Ok, well, I’ll start fresh next week. 😉
Artichoke Dip soup is for those who like artichokes and spinach. If you just like the cheesy dip at restaurants, but not the ingredients in other dishes you probably wont like this. I have to be honest. We really liked it, but it was heavy so eat small portions with a crisp baguette.
Artichoke Dip Soup
- Recipe by Me
- 1 (8oz) Package Neufchatel Cheese
- ½ Cup Light Mayo
- 1 Cup Fresh Parmesan, shredded
- 1 Can Artichoke Hearts, drained
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 Large Clove of Garlic, minced
- ¼ Onion, chopped
- 1 Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tub Knorr Homestyle Chicken Stock
- 2½ Cups Water
- ½ Bunch spinach, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cream cheese, mayo, Parmesan, and artichokes in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pot, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the minced onion and cook 3-5 min or until tender. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and stir for 1 minute. Add the flour, stirring continuously for 30 seconds.
- Add the artichoke mixture to the pot and stir to combine. Slowly pour in the water, tub of stock, spinach and salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook over low heat for 1-2 hours. Serve with a little fresh Parmesan and warm bread.