I saw this Artichoke Mushroom Chicken Pasta recipe over at Our Family Treat and it sounded perfect for dinner. We did change a few things, but I have included a link to the original recipe. I’m so glad that we tried this dish. It was a perfect pasta dish. We loved the sauteed veggies in it. I’m sure you could add whatever you would like for the veggies and it would still come out delish!
Recipe Adapted From Our Family Treat (Click Here for the original recipe)
Artichoke Mushroom Chicken Pasta
- 3 Chicken breasts
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 Cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup of zucchini, Chopped or sliced
- 1 Cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- Fresh Parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Fresh Parmesan, grated for garnish
- 1 Pound Penne Pasta
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Cup heavy cream (or you could use two cups milk instead of half skim half cream)
- 1 Cup Skim Milk
- 1½ Cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute chicken breasts in a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, salt and pepper, moving everything around the pan to keep the garlic from burning. Remove from heat when the chicken is almost cooked through.
- Saute veggies in a pan and then combine chicken and veggies and keep on low heat while you are cooking your pasta.
- Saute garlic in the butter. Whisk in flour until it forms a ball and continue to whisk for 30 seconds to 1 min. Slowly whisk in milk and cream. Bring to a boil, continuing to whisk for 1 min and turn down to low.
- Add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and parsley flakes. Make sure to stir often. Continue to taste and season the sauce. Toss the pasta with chicken, sauce and veggies and serve.