There should be juicy tomatoes on this sandwich and we should have taken a picture after slicing through the middle so you can see the yolk run, but sometimes life happens. 🙂
This is a quick and easy Bacon, Egg and Avocado Sandwich that we usually have for dinner on nights that we are hungry, but don’t have time to cook or whatever. At first I was hesitant to try it because I am not a very big fan of eggs over easy. I don’t hate them, I just prefer scrambled, but I’m so so glad that I gave this sammy a shot. You should not be scared of the yolk. Seriously, though it may sound weird, the yolk is kinda like a sauce or something. I know, still sounds a little iffy, but try it.
Like I said, we usually add tomatoes so keep that in mind. Also, this cheese is provolone just to be a little healthier than cheddar, but feel free to do as you would like.
Bacon, Egg and Avocado Sandwich
- Recipe By The hubby, Cade
- 2 Slices Good Quality Whole Wheat or Sourdough Bread (we prefer to use whole wheat)
- 1-2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- Sliced Avocado
- 2 Slices Tomato
- 2 Slices Bacon (this is turkey bacon, but we actually think pork bacon gives better flavor for this sandwich)
- Cheddar, Provolone or whatever cheese you prefer
- Heat the oven to 400 and place bacon on a foil lined cookie sheet. Bake 15-20 min or until desired crispness is reached. Place on paper towels to absorb grease. The last few minutes of the baking time is when we start the next few steps so that everything is hot.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add oil. Carefully crack the egg into the pan, trying to keep the white from running too far out (the fresher the egg the less it should expand out). Cook until done and carefully flip for another minute, making sure to keep the yolk runny.
- Meanwhile, toast your bread.
- Spread mayo on each slice of bread, add egg, bacon, cheese, tomato, sprinkle fresh black pepper to taste, and top with avocado! Delicious!!!!!