I love a good dinner roll. These fluffy dinner rolls from Our Best Bites are very good. I don’t think I prefer them over my potato rolls, but they are pretty darn good. I’m just partial to potato rolls. I am all about sharing recipes no matter where they come from. If the recipe is great then I feel like it’s my job as a food blogger to post it, even though it isn’t my own recipe. It’s not all about tooting your own horn, but sharing delicious food. Don’t you agree?
Recipe by Our Best Bites
Fluffy Dinner Rolls
- Recipe By Our Best Bites
- 2 Cups of Whole Milk (must be whole)
- ½ Cup Plus 1 tablespoon Sugar, divided
- ⅓ Cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 Pkg Yeast (4½ teaspoons Instant)
- ⅔ Cup Warm Water
- 8-9 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Beaten Eggs
- In a sauce pan, combine milk, ½ cup sugar, butter and salt. Heat over medium heat until the butter has melted completely. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to lukewarm. If the mixture is too hot it will kill the yeast.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the yeast and 1 tablespoon of sugar in the warm water. The mixture will become big and puffy. If it does not then your yeast is bad or the water is too hot or cold. The mixture must be puffy and bubbly in order for you to move on in the recipe.
- In a kitchenaid or large mixing bowl, combine the milk mixture and 3 cups of flour for 30 seconds. Add the yeast mixture and beat on high for 3 minutes. Add the 3 beaten eggs and up to 6 more cups of flour. I used 5½ more cups of flour. The dough should be soft and will stick to your finger when touched.
- Place the bowl in a warm place with a clean towel over it. Allow it to rise until doubled, about one hour.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and divide in half.
- Spray two 9x13 inch baking dishes. Roll the dough out into a rectangle and cut into 12 pieces.
- Shape into balls and place in the baking pan. Repeat with remaining dough until pans are full.
- Allow to rise for 30 more minutes with a clean towel over the pans.
- Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately spread butter over the tops of the hot rolls.