So you think you love club sandwiches, do you? You don’t know good until you’ve had the BEST Triple Decker Club Sandwich.
We’ve done it, we’ve entered back into the school year and a few weeks into it and I’m still not sure how I feel. On the hand hand it’s rather nice to get some work done while the kids are at school and the baby is napping. On the other, I kind of miss the buzz of little ones running around and the freedom of going anywhere and doing anything.
Most of all I miss not having homework. Any mom knows that homework is not just for the kids. A mom is often seen hunched over the shoulder of a child reading and rereading the instructions for an assignment as both try to grasp what is being asked or encouraging a child to better understand how to finish the work without giving the answer even though at times the exhaustion and frustration of homework may make one tempted to just spew forth what the child should do or how to solve the problem.
The schedule of school is nice, and the schedule of school is exhausting, but I have a solution. Music. I’
It can be the oldies, a little from your favorite musicals or heck even something secretly not your age because I know some of those songs are catchy. Today though, today lets bust out our playlists and find something to pick up the beat, and spread a little fun throughout the house.What inspires you to rock the lunch with your loved ones? What’s your playlist going to be?
I bet you in the time it takes to listen to a rock song I can create the ultimate club sandwich.
Mom often had Peter, Paul and Mary, The Carpenters, or other classics on while dinner was being made and today I’m channeling her. We turned up and went a little retro in our lunch which ended up being our dinner too because it was just that good. The BEST triple decker club sandwich you will ever have. And I promise you that.
Start off with good bread. We chose Dave Killer’s Bread as our partner for this post as the quality, taste and yes even texture are important for the best sandwich ever.
I switched on Sweet Child of Mine and toasted the bread to golden, crisp perfection. Cade quickly followed my song with Journey and our house was seriously bumpin’ to the music.
The music was pumping and I couldn’t help it, my shoulders and hips started bouncing along with the beat and I’m whisking together the most delicious honey mustard sauce we’ve ever slathered. It’s going on the top pieces of bread while regular ol’ mayo is going on the others. That’s right, double spread. Don’t you dare only put it on one piece. We want everything to be coated.
Now the best part, the music is filling the room with energy and in just a few moments I’ll be stuffing my face with a killer sandwich. You are nervous now, seeing that apple is involved but putting your trust in me we move forward together. Turkey, tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, brown sugar bacon, apple smoked walnut cheddar (it’s amazing by Heber Valley Cheese but just look for any smoked cheddar, you need the smokiness) and of course our spreads. Wait, did you say brown sugar bacon?
That’s right, this sandwich hits every desire so you’ll want to eat the heck out of it. Crispy, fresh, saucy, sweet, tart, crunchy, creamy, smoky and flavorful in every way. We even add a little salt and pepper to the tomatoes which seems unnecessary but trust me, it makes everything all the more flavorful.
Stack it, and the song is trailing off, coming to and end. You take your first bite. Your eyes just rolled back in your head and you’re there, Heaven on Earth.
The Best Triple Decker Club Sandwich
- 9 Slices Dave's Killer Bread White Bread
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Green Leaf lettuce
- 1 Large Hothouse Tomato, sliced
- ½ pound Deli Ham, shaved thin
- ½ Granny Smith Apple, sliced very thin
- Smoked Cheddar Cheese, sliced
- Brown Sugar Bacon
- Roasted Turkey Deli Meat, shaved thin
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- Salt and Pepper for Tomato
- Start by toasting your bread so that it has time to cool.
- Whisk together the honey mustard.
- On one piece of bread, slather on a healthy amount (and by healthy I mean really load it on there) of mayonnaise. Add one leaf of lettuce, tomato slices, ham, apple and cheese. Spread the honey mustard liberally on the next slice of bread and place it mustard side down on the cheese, pressing gently to help the cheese stick to the bread.
- Slather more mayonnaise on top of the bread and add lettuce, bacon, turkey, cheese and finally avocado. Spread more honey mustard on the third slice of bread and press, mustard side down onto the avocado. Add toothpicks, one in the top, bottom and each side and cut in fourths or just two toothpicks and cut in half.
- Repeat with remaining bread. Serve right away.