This cashew and swiss tossed salad recipe comes from my girlfriend, Meridith. She is such a great friend and her recipes are always wonderful.
I took this salad to a little get together at a park and didn’t notice that the dressing needed a good shake hence the separation. I love the color of it though. Doesn’t a dressing that has color like that just make you want to try it? Sometimes we get a little bored of salads because they really lack flavor or they consist of all the same texture so there really isn’t anything different or exciting about them. Not so with this salad. Flavor and texture is contributed from the dried cranberries as well as the chopped apple and pear. Oh, and don’t forget about the cashews! A great little added flavor and slight creaminess. YUM! You get a fresh new taste in every single bite! This cashew and swiss tossed salad is so much better than the typical salad.
Let me know if you try it and what you think!
Cashew and Swiss Tossed Salad
- 10 Cup Romaine Lettuce, torn
- 1 Cup Swiss Cheese, shredded
- 1 Apple, diced
- 1 Pear, diced
- ¼ Cup Dried Cranberries ( I use craisins)
- ½-1 Cup Cashews, chopped
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Apple Cider vinegar or Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Onion, chopped (I use yellow or red)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ⅔ Cup Oil
- 2-3 teaspoons Poppy Seeds
- Combine dressing ingredients in blender and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl mix lettuce, cheese, apple, pear, and cranberries.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Add Cashews and toss to coat. Serve right away.