Is that not the most lovely picture? Liz from Hoosier Homemade made it for the cookie exchange she organized and why I’m posting these awesome chocolate m&m cookies today! Whhhhyyyyyy do I make cookies? I love them so very much, but that also means that I cannot stay out of them! I’ve recently gotten in the habit of making cookies and trying different versions using all the same base recipe which is fun because we all get to sit around the table trying new desserts and voting on our favorites, but that also means that once the kids go to bed the cookies start calling to me and I can’t resist! These chocolate m&m cookies are especially chatty, “Carrian and Cade, you know you want a special treat while you relax…” Ugh! And they are so right! What’s better than watching ridiculously funny clips of Jimmy Fallon like, Tight Pants Jimmy and Justin Sing at Camp, Real People Fake Arms etc? It really is such a fun way to wind down after the kids go to bed but my waistline and restless night’s sleep thanks to all of that food isn’t really the best. So instead I’ve been feeding friends and neighbors or even the neighborhood kids as they walk home from school. Only the ones I know of course. I’m not THAT creepy! This particular recipe is all thanks to my cute friend, Jenny over at Picky Palate. I decided to combine my chocolate cookies recipe (you may remember our chocolate peppermint cookies, chocolate andes mint cookies, chocolate white chocolate chip cookies) and her Perfect M&M cookies recipe. They are the best of both our recipes and I’d even go as far as to say even better! And I really was serious, we tested many versions which you’ll be seeing once a month until I’ve posted them all like, Chocolate Cookies and Cream Chocolate Peanut Butter Delights Chocolate Reese’s Pieces (one of my favorites!) And today is even better because your favorite bloggers are having a cookie exchange (my kids wanted something with M&M’s so mine may not seem as fancy but everyone will love them!) and we wanted to let you know about a milk drive that you can easily donate through this url and everything will be sent to your specific area. So grateful to Foodie Crush and the Utah Dairy Council for putting this all together! I cannot encourage you enough to give this season, I know you’ll be blessed for it and your donations do matter to someone out there. Now, check out all of these awesome cookies after the recipe!
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour like Gold Medal
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons instant chocolate pudding mix
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini m&m's
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- In a bowl of a standing mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the sugars, beating for 30 seconds or until smooth (this could take up to 60 seconds). Add the egg, and vanilla and beat again until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, pudding, salt, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined then add the chocolate chips and m&m's. Fold in.
- Using a cookie scoop to make the perfect ball, scoop the cookies onto the baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes and allow to cool for 3 minutes then remove to a cooling rack and repeat with remaining dough.
Caramel Filled Chewy Ginger Cookies from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Italian Anisette Cookies from A Family Feast
Cranberry Orange Nut Cookies from Apron Strings
Orange Cranberry White Chocolate Stuffed Cookies from Barbara Bakes
Soft Pumpkin Cookies + Pumpkin Spice Kisses from Bless this Mess
Soft Maple Sugar Cookies from Crumbs and Chaos
Graham Cracker Log from Hoosier Homemade
Rugelach Bars from Let’s Dish
Pepper Jelly Cornmeal Thumbprints from Letty’s Kitchen
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies from Love from the Oven
Linzer Cookies from Mandy’s Recipe Box
Surprise-inside Christmas Stocking from Munchkin Munchies
Chocolate M&M Cookies from Oh, Sweet Basil
White Chocolate Pecan Snowball Cookies from Rose Bakes
Chocolate Toffee Cranberry Cookies from Taste and Tell
White Chocolate Cherry Almond Bars from Your Homebased Mom
Spiced Eggnog Cookies from Will Cook for Smiles