Hello again! I’m Ashley from Spoonful of Flavor and I am here again to share one of my favorite treats. I know that we have a lot of chocolate and peanut butter fans around here so I’m giving you one more thing to love. Truffles are a delectable treat to enjoy no matter what the season, but I especially love to make them around the holidays. They are the perfect treat to bring to a dinner party or even package up and give as a gift. These little truffles are so irresistible that you won’t be able to stop eating them.
Creamy peanut butter filling coated with rich chocolate and sprinkled with chopped peanuts creates a simple but immensely flavorful treat. You probably already have everything that you need for these truffles in your pantry. I like to think that these little bites of chocolate and peanut butter are a more elegant and refined version of the classic chocolate peanut butter cup. They are loaded with peanut butter flavor and are a beautiful and impressive little treat!
Make a batch for yourself or a few for your friends and family. Everyone will love these creamy chocolate peanut butter truffles!
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet (or bittersweet) chocolate chips
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the sugar, peanut butter, cream cheese and vanilla together on medium speed until combined. Shape mixture into ½ - ¾ inch balls. Place on baking sheet lined with wax paper. Cover loosely, transfer the pan to the freezer and chill for 30 minutes.
- When ready to dip the truffles, melt the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Dip each chilled truffle, one at a time, coating in chocolate and shaking gently to remove the excess. (If at any point during dipping, the dough balls become too soft, return to the freezer to chill for 15 minutes.) Transfer to a wax-paper lined surface. Sprinkle peanuts on top of each truffle quickly after dipping each truffle before the chocolate sets. Once all the truffles have been dipped, store them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Are you looking for more chocolate goodies?
Connect with Ashley: