You heard right, this is cinnamon roll frosting. It’s like a cinnamon roll without all of the work and in a luscious, creamy frosting!
I made cinnamon roll frosting. That’s it. I don’t really think this post needs anything else. But I’ll tell you this, the frosting is bomb and I can’t wait to experiment more. I did jump on that train for one thing though and you’re going to see it tomorrow so stay tuned for that shizzle.
And in the meantime, you tell me, what’s your absolute more favorite frosting in all the land? The warm chocolate frosting on Grandma’s Texas Sheetcake is one of mine but this one is totally up there now too. I mean, look at that cinnamon brown sugar mixture! Who wouldn’t want to eat that?!
I mean, good golly! Look at that!!! And seriously, look at it because here’s a hint at tomorrow. 🙂 Woop, there it is! 😉
Cinnamon Roll Frosting
- 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream if needed
- 1½ tablespoons of butter, melted
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the vanilla, powdered sugar and cream if needed.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Using a spoon, drop dollops of the brown sugar mixture into the frosting and using a knife, gently swirl it through. Enjoy!
Soft, chewy cinnamon roll cookies that you can serve with or without frosting, but I say with!
Everyone deserves a warm, delicious breakfast every now and again and this french toast bake is perfect!