I actually have two more cookies n creme recipes that I want to try making, but I am feeling a little burned out this week. I have two puking kiddos and no energy left to finish baking. Plus, the hubby is not one to chow on fattening foods all week which means we’ve been throwing baked goods at people just to get them out of our house. Sooooo, here is the last cookies n creme recipe, until maybe next week. 😉
Just kidding, I think I’ll go a little longer than that.
This week is pretty bitter cold and I am not loving it at all, but today was raining. I happen to love that. Utah doesn’t seem to rain much. Snow, or sun. Those are your choices. Which seems well, except my favorite thing is to sleep when it is pouring down rain outside. Lovely.
Anyway, these Cookies N Creme Chocolate Chip Cookies were pretty darn delicious. But, I had a few cold and I just can’t do cold cookies anymore. I’ve become a warm cookie snob. We literally nuke every single cold cookie before eating it. It’s either fresh out of the oven or 5-8 seconds in the microwave at this house. I loved that creamy white chocolate in the cookie, but my favorite was actually the little cookie bits from the candy bar. I loved the extra texture.
Do give these babies a try and let me know how it goes!
Cookies N Creme Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Recipe By Me (cookie base adapted from a friend)
- ¾ Cup Butter Flavored Crisco
- 1¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ¾ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Cups flour
- ¾ Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Chopped Cookies N Creme Candy Bars
- Preheat the oven to 375
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, add the shortening and brown sugar. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the milk, vanilla, and egg and mix again until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients so that when you add them to the cookie dough they get well incorporated. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until the dough comes together. Remove the bowl and use a large wooden spoon to stir in the chocolate chips and candy bars.
- Place by heaping tablespoons onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 8-9 min. Remove from the oven to cool for a couple seconds and then quickly eat a soft, warm cookie.