We have a recipe book that my SIL made for us with a whole bunch of family recipes. One of the recipes is called, “Cade’s Favorite Double Layer Pumpkin Pie“. Obviously I had no choice, but to make it. Cade says he doesn’t remember there being separate layers, so next time I’m just going to mix the two layers together. We sprinkled a little cinnamon sugar all over the pie just because. I love a good pie, and I love that this one is so creamy. Plus, it’s a graham cracker crust, which I also love.
Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
- Recipe from Miss Nancy (Cade's Mama)
- 4 oz Cream Cheese (I used Neufchatel), softened
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 8oz Tub Cool Whip
- 1 Graham Cracker or Vanilla Wafer Crust
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 15oz Can Pumpkin
- 2 Pkg 4oz serving size French Vanilla Pudding
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- Mix the cream cheese (remember you want it softened so it will be smooth) with the milk and sugar in a large bowl. Beat until smooth. Gently fold in half of the cool whip. Spread onto the bottom of the pie crust and set aside.
- Pour 1 cup of milk, pumpkin, dry pudding mixes, and spices into a large bowl. Beat the mixture until smooth and thick. Spread on top of the first mixture. Place in the fridge for 4 hours, or until set.
- Top with remaining cool whip and serve!