This dressing is so different than the others I’ve made. I looooooove it. It’s so good.
I feel like every time I write about a salad I say that it’s a new favorite… But really, this cilantro vinaigrette on mango chicken salad is a new favorite. I’m not kiddin’. I usually hate cherry tomatoes, but these babies had a nice *pop* and sweetness that seriously changed the salad. I had totally planned to fry up some tortilla strips, but that obviously never happened, so yeah. Well, actually I think I liked it better without. It wouldn’t have tasted quite as fresh.
I’d love to say more, but it’s mid afternoon and I am suddenly exhausted. Who else gets hit with a sleepy stick around 2 or 3?
Cilantro Vinaigrette on Mango Chicken Salad
- Romaine, chopped
- Mango, chopped
- Avocado, chopped
- Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- recipe from epicurious.com
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oven to 400.
- Mix spices together and set aside.
- Mix honey and cider vinegar and set aside.
- Cover both sides of the chicken in seasoning. Rub it all over that darned chicken.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes on one side and flip. Cook for another 7-8 on other side. Flip again and then baste the chicken in honey/cider mixture. Be sure to really get the chicken covered. Add to oven again and let it cook for a few minutes until the honey starts to thicken up and glaze.
- Take chicken out of oven and let rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Whisk it all together and devour!