This peach crisp is one of my favorites! Well, this and regular cobbler with the cake mix and butter. Yes, we do butter not pop and it’s awesome! Anyway, I love it best when you can use fresh fruit like peaches later on in the summer. MMMMMMMMM!! The fruit gets all warm and releases all of it’s sugars and then that topping, it’s like a crazy delicious oatmeal cookie on top.
YUM! Even if you aren’t much of a peach fan you could give apples or blackberries a try instead. If you really want a delicious treat, top the whole thing off with a little bit of vanilla ice cream and serve while it’s still warm. The warm topping and peaches slowly melt away at the ice cream and it makes for a perfect combination of hot out of the oven crisp and cool, smooth ice cream. Take a spoonful with a little bit of each and you’ll have perfection in every bite. So delicious! You’ll never go back to plain, run of the mill desserts again! Whipped topping is good too. Not fantastic or anything, but it will do in a pinch.
- Recipe By Mom
- 8-10 peaches peeled and sliced (any fruit works wonderful!)
- #12 or #10 Dutch Oven
- 1½ cups oatmeal
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- I like to line Dutch Oven with foil for easy clean-up.
- Place fruit in bottom of Dutch Oven or 9x13" pan, mix the topping.
- Spread topping mixture over fruit and bake for 35-45 minutes or until done. (10 briquettes on bottom, 14 on top). Or you can do it in the oven on 350.
- **The top should be crisp like a cookie when it is done. If it is still soft you need to keep baking.