We will be enjoying this easy ice cream pie with a cookie crust all summer long. It’s perfect for the pie lovers, cookie lovers and the ice cream lovers!
Hi everyone! It’s Alyssa from My Sequined Life back with an incredibly easy, no-bake dessert. I think those are more than welcome this time of year! We just bought a house and are in the midst of painting every possible surface that can be painted. Every one! I know what will be dominating our nights and weekends for the foreseeable future. I’m feeling confident that the end result will make all the work SO worth it, but in the meantime…well I guess I just have to keep my eye on the prize.
A side effect of painting ALL the things is not having a ton of time to spend on other things, like baking. And boy do we ever wish for a satisfying frozen dessert after a day/afternoon/evening painting in the (almost) summertime. This ice cream pie as it appears here uses just six ingredients, and that’s being generous given that half of them are different flavors of ice cream.
The no-bake crust is made from crushed Oreo cookies and a bit of melted butter. Once combined and pressed into a pie plate, you stick it in freezer for a little bit to solidify. This would be a good time to take out your ice cream and allow it to become a little bit melty so it’ll be easier to spread around the pie. And did I mention you can totally pick your preferred Oreo flavor? I used Oreos with chocolate cream (because more is more when it comes to chocolate in my eyes), but the choice is yours.
Now onto the ice cream. I love this type of pie because you can customize it so easily! I went a little crazy and chose three different ice cream flavors – a chocolate gelato, cookies and cream, and a caramel swirl. That way we can choose a piece based on whatever we’re craving at the moment…plus who else is indecisive when it comes to selecting an ice cream flavor? This easy ice cream pie would be a great way to include all of your family’s favorites into one dessert.
To top it all off I kept it even simpler and went with sprinkles for the decoration. This would be an easy way to fancy up this ice cream pie for holidays. I’m thinking red, white, and blue sprinkles for the Memorial Day and Fourth of July festivities would do the trick!
Easy Ice Cream Pie with a Cookie Crust
- 1 package Oreo cookies (about 30)
- 2½ tbsp unsalted buter, melted
- About 1 quart of ice cream, your preferred flavor(s)
- Sprinkles for decoration
- Add Oreo cookies to the bowl of a food processor and process until they are in small crumbs. Pour in melted butter and stir to moisten the crumbs evenly. The mixture should hold its shape when you press into it.
- Pour out Oreo/butter mixture into a 9" round pie plate and evenly press mixture along the bottom and sides of the plate. Place pie plate in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes to harden. In the meantime, remove your ice cream from the freezer to melt slightly and become easier to spread.
- Once ice cream is spreadable to your liking, remove pie plate from the freezer and scoop and spread ice cream into the crust. I used three different flavors in sections. Decorate with sprinkles.
- Place ice cream pie in the freezer to harden, removing 10 or so minutes before serving so that it is easier to slice.
Here are some more ice cream desserts that will hit the spot!