We all know that Cade and I are unbelievably in love with perfect rolls, right? I mean, we practically obsess about roll recipes until we get them just perfect. These easy cheesy ranch rolls are pretty gosh darn fantastic and though they have to rise a few times, they are super easy and turn out perfect every time.
So we have the best homemade rolls, the most squishy potato rolls, and the most flavorful herbed garlic rolls, but we totally needed a cheese rolls recipes. Oh buddy, this is it! And you don’t need anything other than a bowl to make them in.
Oh and did we mention that we threw a little ranch in there? And some powdered buttermilk for good measure. If I’m looking to get these puppies really moving fast and fluffy I add about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of soy lecithin, but it really does so well on its own you don’t need it.
Favorite Cheese Bread
Author: oh sweet basil
Recipe type: bread, rolls, side
Serves: 8-10 rolls
Cheesy and delicious, this bread is quick and easy to prepare with great rewards!
- ½ Cup warm water
- ½ Cup Milk *see note
- 1 Teaspoon yeast
- 3 Cup White Flour or Bread Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon Powdered Buttermilk
- ¼ Cup sour cream or Plain Yogurt
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Ranch Salad Dressing mix
- Butter for finishing
- In a glass measuring cup, warm the water and milk, but make sure you don't make it hot or it will kill the yeast.
- Add the sugar and yeast, stirring slightly and allow to become puffy, about 10 minutes.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Stir in the cheese.
- Add the yogurt to the yeast mixture and using a wooden spoon stir everything together until just combined. Using your hands, knead to a smooth ball. Dough will still remain a little sticky. Cover the bowl with a towel and allow to rise until doubled, about 1-2 hours.
- Punch down and form into rolls and place in a greased pie pan. Cover with the towel again and let rise for 1-2 hours.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and rub butter all over the tops.
You can use all water if needed