Salty, sweet and crunchy. Fireworks pretzel snaps are so easy to make, white chocolate, caramel and a few pretzels and you’re ready for 4th of July treats!
A few months ago I was able to do a little presentation for our oldest daughter’s class on what a food blogger is and how we make our money. I loved their questions and was so bummed that Cade ended up stuck at work and couldn’t make it to chat with the kiddos. The favorite part for the class were the fireworks pretzel snaps but a close second was the firecracker oreos we made and I’ll share those tomorrow.
I’m switching things up today. You can see that these are just a holiday version of our favorite salted caramel pretzel snaps ,but what I really want to do is go over the awesome questions we were asked because I can’t help but wonder if any of you have wanted to ask the same questions.
Questions About Food Blogging
- How do you make your money?
Blogging is a fun business but it definitely is just that, a business. In order to keep posting we have to have ads which pay us our income and we work with different posts. Basically the brand pays us to create a recipe using their product and linking to them in the blog post.
2. Do you ever use tricks to make the food look good?
Nope! Well, yes. We don’t use anything like oil on meat, or nail polish on berries to make them look good as we eat the food we photograph but we do stuff extra cheese in the front of things that are melty like a grilled cheese sandwich in order for it to look extra gooey or paper towels under a salad so it looks huge but in reality we only made enough for 4 people.
3. How do you come up with your ideas?
Our recipe ideas are longer than we have time to make them. We come up with all sorts of ideas influenced by the recipes we grew up with, restaurants or just looking in the pantry!
4. Do you work by yourself?
Cade and I both work on the recipes but only I, Carrian do the photography. I bet if Cade learned it he would be amazing as things like that totally click for him, no pun intended.
5. How much time does it take?
Forever!! And I’m not kidding. Think about it, the internet is always going and so if your job is online you’re kind of always going too. It’s a ton of work, for sure over 40 hours a week, in fact more like 60 or so, but we have a great team that helps us get things done.
Fireworks Pretzel Snaps
- Pretzel Sticks
- 1 Cup Caramels, melted (We use Peter's Caramel Brick)
- 1 Cup White Chocolate
- ½ Cup Red Candy Melts, melted
- ½ Cup Blue Candy Melts, melted
- Gold or white sugar crystal sprinkles, optional
- Break the pretzel sticks into 3 or 4 pieces.
- Place a dollop of white chocolate on a silpat or parchment followed by the pretzel pieces to form stars or fireworks. Drizzle a small dollop of caramel in the center followed by red, white and blue candy melt drizzles. Sugar sprinkles or gold sprinkles optional.
- Store in airtight containers for up to 1 week.