Paula Deen used WHOLE WHEAT? Haha I know, you were expecting extra butter rolls with surprise butter filling huh? Well, we actually tried these honey whole wheat rolls out and they were really light and yummy! Hooray Paula!
Honey Whole Wheat Rolls
- Recipe By Paula Deen
- 4 Cups Bread Flour, divided
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2½ Teaspoons Active Dry Yeast or 2 packages.
- 2¼ Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Cups Milk
- ½ Cup Butter
- ½ Cup Honey
- 1 Large Egg, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl combine 3 cups flour, whole wheat flour, yeast and salt.
- In a sauce pan, combine milk, butter, honey and heat to warm.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add milk mixture. Add egg. Beat in the remaining flour until you reach a soft dough. You may not need all of the remaining flour. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until a smooth dough forms.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic and let rise until doubled, about an hour.
- Punch down dough, shape into balls and place three at a time in a muffin tin. Cover and let rise another hour or until doubled.
- Bake at 350 14-16 min.