The other day I posted this photo on instagram (@ohsweetbasil) and said that sometimes we just need a good ol’ house salad with a creamy homemade ranch dressing recipe. Holy guacamole! I don’t know that anything else has ever made you all send so many texts, comments, and emails.
Don’t worry! I’m finally posting the salad recipe and the homemade ranch dressing recipe. You’re welcome.
I feel like It’s such a build up when in reality it’s just a really simple, fresh salad and creamy house dressing. Which I guess actually is pretty fantastic because I love classic recipes. It’s why I think our fried chicken rocks, our taco stew is the perfect recipe, pizza sauce is the best you’ll ever make and our banana bread is the absolute best you’ll ever have. There’s just nothing like a classic.
Speaking of pizza sauce… gosh cheesy pizza would be perfect with this salad. And now I want pizza. End of story.
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt with Parsley (Lawrys)
- ½ teaspoon chopped, dried chives
- ½ teaspoon dill
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 Head of Romaine
- 1½ cups of broccoli, chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1½ cups of grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 brussel sprouts, shaved (optional)
- ⅓ cup mozzarella or monterey jack cheese, shredded
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients, adjusting the herbs and salt as needed per your own tastes. This is what we prefer.
- Layer the lettuce and toppings and dress the salad when serving.