This creamy, light and fluffy Lemon Blueberry No Bake Cheesecake recipe is the perfect springtime dessert and hooray for not turning on the oven!
Hi everyone, it’s Malinda from Countryside Cravings stopping in with this luscious lemon blueberry no bake cheesecake.
I have been having thoughts of spring and when I think spring I instantly think lemon! I don’t know why, I just do. So, with those thoughts I had the urge to make a dessert using…..you guessed it….lemon.
I wanted to make an ultra easy dessert because I was short on time and didn’t want to be in the kitchen forever so I scavenged my pantry to find a store bought graham cracker crust. YES, I had one!
I don’t mind taking a little help from the store from time to time but if you prefer to make this cheesecake strictly homemade then just make a 9″ graham cracker crust.
Now for the ultra creamy filling. It starts with softened cream cheese. Just a note- your cream cheese needs to be very soft in order to get that smooth texture. I like to leave it out on the counter to soften but if I am in a really big hurry I will warm it slightly in the microwave. Don’t judge, just giving you the real me here folks.
To flavor this cheesecake I used my homemade lemon curd (plus I had some extra in the fridge just waiting to be used). It gives it a nice lemony punch without being to tart. If making homemade lemon curd isn’t your thing then don’t be afraid to use the store bought. I just really recommend trying the homemade version though, I promise you won’t be sorry!!
Now, when it came time for the blueberries I debated for a long time. I couldn’t decide if I just wanted to leave the blueberries fresh and fold them in, sprinkle them on top or go a different direction and make a topping. Well, as you can see I decided to go with a topping and I’m so glad I did.
Don’t worry the blueberry topping couldn’t be easier to make either. Remember I didn’t want to spend all day making a cheesecake! You will just need a few simple ingredients like water, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice (fresh is best!) and fresh or frozen blueberries. You will simmer everything for about 5 minutes and this will give you a nice thick blueberry topping. (It’s also great on pancakes or by the spoonful, just saying!!) Let it cool in the refrigerator while your cheesecake is setting up then use it to top your cheesecake when you are ready to serve.
So, if you are intimidated by making a traditional baked cheesecake give this lemon blueberry no bake cheesecake a try. I promise you won’t be disappointed because with the vibrant lemon and sweet blueberry topping all in one creamy slice, I ask you what’s not to love??!!
- LEMON CHEESECAKE:
- 1 (9") graham cracker crust; store bought or homemade
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup lemon curd; store bought or homemade (I highly recommend homemade)
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- BLUEBERRY TOPPING:
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¾ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh is best)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- LEMON CHEESECAKE: In the bowl of your stand mixer beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the lemon curd, powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until well blended. Fold in the whipped cream. Spoon into the prepared crust and smooth the top. Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours to chill.
- BLUEBERRY TOPPING: While the cheesecake is chilling combine the water, sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Stir to combine. Add in the blueberries and lemon juice. Simmer over medium to medium low heat for 5 minutes. Pour into a heat safe container and place in the refrigerator to cool. When ready to serve the cheesecake top with cooled blueberry topping.
Connect with Malinda
Do we even need to say anything about this no bake cheesecake? It’s all of your favorites in one slice.
Raspberries, lemon curd and the perfect tart crust, oh and did I mention cheesecake?!