Remember these Grilled Chicken and Avocado Napoleons, and these Raspberry Lemon Bars? Well, every Monday night we have family night. We play games, have a little lesson, sometimes a family council meeting to talk about the upcoming week, etc. It’s a great way to stay connected as a family. Anyway, we had those beloved savory napoleons for dinner, our Family Home Evening, and then these raspberry lemon bars for dessert and suddenly I just knew that the two were meant to inspire something even more lovely. So, here we are a week later having stinking bomb diggity lemon curd cream (hello it has butter and heavy cream in it and we all know that dairy makes the world go round. Hence why I’ve been working on posts like this one with the Utah Nevada Dairy Council, plus I happen to think that Utah produces some pretty awesome dairy products.) with raspberries and made with Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry, Lemon Berry Napoleons.
Do the Men in Your Life Prefer Chocolate or Fruit Desserts?
I adore lemon curd. It’s one of my absolute favorite things ever. In fact, I think lemon curd should be the true “Better than you know what” dessert. Seriously. Did I just hear the chocolate lovers gasp? I’m serious!! Lemon curd totally wins over chocolate for me. No battle. And I’ve mentioned this before but did you know that men generally like fruit desserts more than chocolate? I heard that stat once and since then I have only met one man to be that one. My husband definitely prefers chocolate. So, I have to be a little curious, do the men in your life prefer chocolate or fruit desserts?
I think the cooking class instructor that told me that is wrong. Seriously. Anyway, back to the lemon curd. I have a recipe I generally use for lemon curd, but I had recently seen a post on Kitchen Confidante about 5 things Liren was loving (she’s seriously awesome. Check her blog out if you haven’t already.) and her lemon curd was one of them. So, I pretty much just had to check out her recipe. It totally rocked. And it was easier than my recipe, so I’ll link to it in the recipe for ya.
These napoleons are the perfect summertime dessert with the perfect flavor combo-raspberries and lemon. Flaky puff pastry, creamy whipped cream, luscious lemon curd and juicy, red raspberries. Is there a flavor combo that you just cannot resist?
Lemon Berry Napoleon
- 1 Package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry, rolled out and cut into 6 rectangles
- 1 Pint Fresh Raspberries
- 1½ Cup Heavy Cream
- ⅔ Cup Powdered Sugar, plus extra for garnish
- 1 Cup Lemon Curd
- ⅓ Cup Fresh Whipped Cream
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange all of the puff pastry rectangles. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden and puffed. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a glass bowl, using a hand held mixer, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks begin to form. Add the powdered sugar and mix again until the peaks reform.
- Make the lemon curd according to directions and allow to set in the fridge. Use 1 Cup of the lemon curd and ⅓ cup of the whipped cream and fold together carefully. Place on puff pastry down, spread with a layer of lemon curd cream, add raspberries and top with fresh whipped cream. Top with another puff pastry and sprinkle with powdered sugar.