This Mango Chiffon Pie was so sparkly. It may not make much sense, but try it and you will see what I mean. It just tastes so fresh and sparkly! Give it a go and I know you will love it for summer.
Mango Chiffon Pie
- Recipe Adapted from Tasty Kitchen
- 1 Cup Mango, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon Water, plus ¼ Cup for Gelatin
- 1 Envelope unflavored Gelatin (1/4 oz)
- ½ Cup strained, fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ Lemon Zested
- ⅓ Cup Bakers Sugar plus ½ Cup divided
- 4 Whole Eggs Divided
- ¼ Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1 prepared pie crust
- Puree the 1 tablespoon water and mango until smooth. (Your yield will be ½ cup) Set aside.
- In a saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over the remaining ¼ cup water. Let set 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the mango puree, lemon juice, lemon zest, ⅓ cup sugar and egg yolks. Place over medium heat and stir constantly until it coats the back of a wooden spoon. Do not let it simmer! Remove from heat and transfer to a glass bowl. Place in the fridge for 45 min or until beginning to set. Whisk Smooth.
- In a separate dish, beat the egg whites until foamy and then add the cream of tartar. Beat until soft peaks form. Add the remaining ½ Cup bakers sugar and beat until glossy, stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold ⅓ of the egg whites into the mango. Fold in the remaining egg whites. Place in baked pie shell and into the fridge to set for 4 hours.