This was one of those days that we had produce that needed to be used, so we took our chances and threw it all in a salad and hoped it would all taste good together. It actually turned out delicious and we love the new salad dressing. The Asian Poppy Seed dressing has a little tang from the vinegar and a nice afterthought of ginger. I love that although it is a creamy dressing, it’s not overly heavy or fattening. We love this teriyaki chicken salad and we are sure you will too!
We obviously chose to use cucumbers, peppers, carrots, tomatoes, avocados, and mangoes, but I there are so many variations that you could try including, peas, cabbage, sprouts etc. Just play around with what you have in your fridge or what flavors you are craving.
(Please excuse the blurry photograph, I had to snap a quick one while holding a crying child)
Mango Teriyaki Salad with Asian Poppy Seed Dressing
- ¼ Scant Cup Mayonnaise (Lowfat, and scant refers to just shy of full)
- 1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame oil
- 1¼ Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ¾ Teaspoon Poppy Seeds
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ California Avocado, Chopped
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Breasts of Grilled Teriyaki Chickn (tyson grilled and ready chicken), sliced
- ½ Cucumber, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- ½ Mango, chopped
- 1 Large tomato, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, and sugars. Drizzle in the vinegar and sesame oil and continue to mix. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth. Serve over salad.
- Toss all of the salad ingredients together and enjoy