Although it’s Did you know that Wednesday I wanted to keep with our quick dishes post so today the quick meal is a marinated turkey breast. It’s so simple you don’t really have to do anything. Marinate the turkey breast, cook it on the grill or in the oven. No biggie.
Turkey is a hard one to get really great flavor and keep it moist. This always turns out perfect. It’s so moist and soooo flavorful. It’s just plain ol’ delicious. In fact we were thinking that a whole bird should be marinated for Thanksgiving this year.
Marinated Turkey Breast
- Recipe from Allrecipes a while back
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (3 pound) boneless turkey breast halves
- 6 whole cloves
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, basil, and pepper. Rub over the turkey breasts. Insert one clove into each end of the turkey breasts, and one in the center.
- In a large shallow dish, blend vegetable oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, and brown sugar. Place the breasts in the dish, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Discard marinade, place turkey breasts on the grill. Close the lid, and grill turkey breasts about 15 minutes on each side, or to an internal temperature of 170 degrees or in the oven at 375 for 30-45 min or until 170 degrees internal temp.