Our family decided to spark creativity with a simple cookie recipe and not only did we have a lot of fun but these marshmallow toffee cookies were a hit!
One simple recipe, endless possibilities. I love that about cooking and baking. Really it’s the key to becoming a great cook. Take a great recipe and try different variations. We teamed up with Country Crock® whose buttery spreads are creamy and perfect for cookie making as a family.
We not only got creative as a family but we are a big fan of getting to know our kids’ friends and creating a place where they can all have fun in a safe, happy environment so we let the girls all come over to a little baking challenge. The new school year inevitably brings on cooler, fall temperatures. When the chillier days call for indoor activities, the Country Crock® Make It YoursTM cookie recipe is an easy way to have fun and spark creativity with your kids and their friends.
Cade and I kept it simple, chocolate, milk chocolate toffee bits and on a whim marshmallow which we cooked the cookies long enough that it kind of caramelized inside of the cookie. It’s awesome.
The girls on the other hand, well we had a lot of sprinkles, food coloring, m&m’s, graham crackers and even this super cute halloween version. And get this, she used 8 green and 3 pink from our Neon food coloring and it turned the cookies orange!
I wouldn’t have even thought to try that! Add some Halloween sprinkles and you’ve got yourself a super cute cookie.
Visit CountryCrock.com for the Make It YoursTM Cookie Recipe and more baking inspiration. You can also join the conversation online using the #MakeItYours on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. For recipes and more visit CountryCrock.com.
Do you have any favorite cookie ingredients that you and your family love? We would love to have you share them below as we are having so much fun with different combinations and loving these marshmallow toffee cookies.
Marshmallow Toffee Cookies
- 1 cup Country Crock®
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- ¾ Cup Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits
- ¾ Cups Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or silpat liners.
- Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, and Country Crock spread for about 30-45 seconds or until fluffy. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix until well mixed.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until blended (dough will be soft and creamy).
- Add mix-ins into the dough until every spoonful of dough has some of the delicious mix-ins.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from baking sheets and cool completely.
Hands down one of my all time favorite cookies, ever, ever, ever. There’s just something so awesome about that toffee, melty chocolate and juicy craisins.
Whatever happened to this pie is entirely my fault. At first it was just going to be a cookie pie with chocolate but then there were the marshmallows and the reese’s and oh sweet mercy it’s good!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Country Crock . The opinions and text are all mine.