Everyone is posting their one pan dinners, so why not post the one we make all the time? One pan lemon herbed chicken and veggies is our go to meal!
These one pan recipes are all over the blogosphere lately and I’ll be honest, we make a whole heck of a lot of one pan meals but this one always ends up being our favorite.
Look at that dressing!!! Doesn’t it look fantastic?! I love fresh food. I just love it. And our bodies love it. The more we’ve focused on veggies for our meals that more we’ve craved them. IT’S TRUE! I know you’ve heard that before but processed foods really do lose their appeal.
I must make a quick note before I forget. Do you see those red onions? You can chop onions, red onions or even throw in shallots, but in this case we’ve used frozen, sliced red onions. Whenever I chop or slice onions I do an extra and throw it into the freezer in a plastic bag. Whenever I need onions I just pull them out. They work just as good as fresh. #winning
Our favorite part about one pan meals is that it’s the best way to clean out the pantry, fridge and even freezer. In this recipe we’ve used the last breast of chicken, a remaining sweet potato as well as russet potato, plus some frozen butternut squash, brussels sprouts and broccletts because I don’t know about you, but I always see the beautiful produce at Costco and forget that our small family just cannot eat a whole bag of brussels or broccoli!
A simple dressing can be whisked up by combining olive oil, lemon juice and a touch of salt and pepper. We love to stir in fresh parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning but you can do whatever you are in the mood for, lemon pepper, Greek seasoning and so on. Heck, we often do just salt and pepper.
Now toss it all together on a pan and bake it for about 40 minutes and enjoy! This is often my lunch the next day as well. A win again if you ask me.
One Pan Lemon Herbed Chicken and Veggies
- 1 Boneless, Skinless Breast of Chicken, cubed
- 1 Sweet Potato, chopped
- 1 Russet Potato Chopped
- 2 Cups Butternut Squash, chopped
- 2 Cups Chopped Broccoletts
- ⅓ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- ¼ Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan, plus an extra tablespoon for garnish
- 1Teaspoon Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the meat and veggies on a cookie sheet. Leave the broccolett out for now.
- In a glass measuring cup, whisk together the dressing and pour over the mixture. Toss everything together until evenly coated. Bake for 20 minutes and then stir in the broccolett. Bake an additional 20-30 minutes or until tender and remove from the oven. Sprinkle with additional cheese and parsley and serve.
A simple dish that can be served as a side or main dish.