Wow, I have been wasting so much time cooking our steel cut oats in the morning. Yes, I realize there are now quick cooking steel cut oats, but for a long time all I could find were the regular so I was cooking them in the morning and it was taking forever! The other day I had a bunch of peaches to use up and decided to try my hand at peaches and cream slow cooker overnight steel cut oats. They turned out wonderful and we will for sure be enjoying them all year long, especially since school starts so early and Cade and I want to keep up our tradition of having breakfast time as a family each morning. We gather as a family, read our scriptures and eat a yummy breakfast before everyone heads out in different directions. Such a simple thing to do and only takes a little waking up a few minutes earlier to start our day off on the right foot.
Peaches and Cream Slow Cooker Overnight Steel Cut Oats
- 1 Cup Steel Cut Oats
- 2½ Cups Milk
- ¼ Cup Half and Half
- ¼ Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds *optional
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Peaches, chopped
- 1 Peach, chopped for garnish
- Cream or additional milk for garnish
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker well with nonstick cooking spray. Add the oats, milk, half and half, water, vanilla, chia seeds and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Add the peaches and stir again. Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Scoop out a serving per bowl, drizzle with cream or milk and fresh peaches. Serve immediately.