Ok, this whole rearranging my Pinterest boards thing is about to drive me bonkers. Isn’t there an easier way? I started out with just a Sweet and Savory board, but it’s just not good enough. I need more categories, but it’s way annoying to move things into different categories. And what’s with some of the stuff that I pinned early on? LAME!!
Oh well, at least I had these peanut butter cookies with Hershey’s Meltaways to snack on while going crazy on Pinterest. But really, you need to make these peanut butter meltaways.
Not only do I love cookies, especially when I’m tired, anxious, stressed, or sad (hello emotional eater!!), but more importantly I love to give them away. I’m such a firm believer that if ever you are feeling the weight of the world it’s time to turn the attention outward. Give a little love to someone else. Yes, the work will still be there when you get back, but somehow the load will seem lighter and you’ll be amazed at how quickly you accomplish things once you’ve served others.
Hersheys has these new Meltaway chocolates and they are pretty much essential in my life right now. Seriously, pop them in your favorite baked good and suddenly life aint so bad. 😉
Peanut Butter Meltaways
- ½ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1¼ Cup Flour
- 1½ Cups Hersheys Meltaway Chocolates
- ⅓ Cup Cinnamon Sugar for rolling
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cinnamon sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer, combine the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Mix on medium high speed for 1-2 minutes, and the mixture become creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and slowly add to the wet ingredients with the mixer running. Mix until combined and turn off the mixer.
- Place a tablespoon amount of dough in your hand and flatten on your palm. Add the meltaway and fold the dough over the chocolate and then roll into a ball. Roll the dough in the cinnamon sugar and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and remove from the oven. Best eaten while warm.
More great Peanut Butter Cookies
From Around the Web