Serve Pizza Pasta Salad at your next barbecue and enjoy the delicious flavors of an Everything Pizza in this veggie, pepperoni, and cheese filled side dish.
Hey guys! Melanie again from Garnish & Glaze and like many, I LOVE pizza and pasta, so why not throw them together?!
So, I’m kind of obsessed with these mini pepperoni. Aren’t they cute?! Miniature food is the best! Unfortunately, I can’t always find them at every grocery store so if you aren’t fortunate enough to get these, regular sized pepperoni will do fine… your salad just won’t be as cute.
My next favorite thing about this pasta are the fresh mozzarella pearls. If you have never had fresh mozzarella, you have been missing out, big time! It’s super smooth and tender… you’ll want to add them to everything!
And there’s of course all the rest of the toppings making this side dish a great source of veggies. My husband doesn’t care for the mushrooms which is okay because that means I get more! I don’t get why people don’t like them. Even from a young age I popped one in after another as my mom cleaned each one off and then found that her pile of washed ones never grew. Oops!
This is the perfect pasta salad to bring to a party. It’s easy to make and can be made ahead of time. And if you’re in a big rush or don’t have all the ingredients for the dressing you can cheat and just use 1 cup bottled Italian dressing. Either way, this is going to be a crowd pleaser.
Pizza Pasta Salad
- 1 (16 ounce) box pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) package mini pepperoni
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (2.25 ounce) cans olives, sliced
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (plus more for garnish)
- ½ cup oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons oregano
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and place in ice water to cool down completely. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the peppers, pepperoni, tomatoes, mozzarella, mushroom, olives, and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a jar and then pour over pasta and mix until coated.
- Cover and place in fridge until ready to serve. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese before serving.