Looking for a delicious holiday dessert that won’t add inches to your waistline? Try EatbetterAmerica.com’s Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Creamy Ginger Filling! With only 180 calories and 0 g Fat per serving it really is a guilt free indulgence. My only critique is that I think the ginger in the cool whip was a little strong. Of course, we didn’t have the crystallized ginger so we used powdered. Other than that, it was really good-and lite enough to eat after a large meal!
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Creamy Ginger Filling
- by: eatbetteramerica.com
- 1 box white angel food cake mix
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or ¾ teaspoon cinnamon, ⅜ teaspoon ginger, ⅛ teaspoon allspice or cloves, ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg)
- ¾ Cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 Cup cold water
- 1 container (8 oz) fat free whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger (or 1 teaspoon powdered)
- Move oven rack to lowest position. Preheat to 350.
- In extra-large glass or metal bowl, beat all cake ingredients above with an electric mixer on low for 30 sec. Beat on medium speed 1 min. Pour into ungreased 10 inch tube cake pan (bundt pan).
- Bake 35-47 min, or until crust is dark golden brown & cracks are dry. Immediately turn up-side-down onto heatproof funnel or glass bottle. Let hang about 2 hours or until cake is completely cool. Loosen cake from sides of pan with knife or long spatula. Turn cake upside down onto serving plate.
- In medium bowl, gently mix whipped topping and ginger. Cut cake horizontally in half to make 2 even layers. Spread half of the filling on bottom layer; replace top of cake. Spread remaining filling on top of cake.
- Sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon-if desired.