The other night we were headed up to my Aunt’s house in Sandy and we needed to think up a yummy dessert. I had a lot in mind, but I wanted one that I could actually enjoy myself too. My cute neighbor, Amelia makes a delicious Pumpkin Angel food cake and I decided that would be perfect. By the way, how random is it that her and I began to be good friends and lo and behold her best friend just so happens to be my cousin!! CRAZINESS I TELL YA! She must just be drawn to the family 🙂
Anyway….I asked her if I should just whip up an angel food from scratch and she says she’s done it and it tastes exactly the same to use a boxed mix so why not! I really don’t know what to say other than it’s light, airy, pumpkiny, spiced delicious cake. The glaze was a little too heavy for such a light cake and I would have preferred a maple whipped cream, but this freaking no dairy stuff wont let me. (Can you feel my annoyance??) The glaze was still delicious and I caught 3 different people snitching a little extra to lick off their plates. Yup, I saw ya! 😉
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake
- Recipe From Amelia
- 1 Box Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- ¼ Teaspoon Ginger
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- (Or just use 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice)
- Recipe By me
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ Cup Maple (Grade B)
- Mix the cake as directed.
- Place the pumpkin and spice in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Remove ⅓ of the angel food mix to a separate bowl with the pumpkin. Fold the pumpkin mixture carefully into the angel food mix. (Place the spatula on the side of the bowl and scoop down towards the bottom. Bring the spatula up and fold over the top. Repeat until combined.)
- Add this mixture back into the rest of the angel food cake and fold until combined.
- Bake as directed
- Mix, add more powdered sugar or maple syrup if you want a different thickness. Serve over warm angel food cake.