It’s pumpkin season! I’m Ashley from Spoonful of Flavor and I am back today to share one of my favorite pumpkin recipes. Delicious, sweet and full of pumpkin goodness, these Pumpkin Blondies are a must-make this fall. Even if you don’t usually like pumpkin or have never tried it in a dessert, I highly recommend that you make a batch of these bars. White chocolate and pumpkin is the best combination. These bars are completely irresistible.
I love that these bars are thick, a little bit gooey and loaded with my favorite fall spices. The pecans add a nice crunch and the white chocolate chips are a sweet complement to the pumpkin flavor. I try to keep a stash of these blondies available at all times. We love sharing them with friends and family that visit and they are the perfect midnight snack. I’m warning you though, they are addicting!
The white chocolate and pecans are the undercover stars of these blondies. You could even add some milk or dark chocolate chips to these bars for a rich chocolate flavor.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground all spice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line and grease a 8x8-inch* pan with parchment paper, letting the paper overhang the sides. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, all spice, ground cloves and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together butter and sugars on medium speed for one minute. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the pumpkin puree and beat until incorporated. Slowly add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix well until combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and pecans. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool. Remove bars from pan and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Recipe from Spoonful of Flavor
Are you craving more pumpkin recipes?
Connect with Ashley: