I promise I’m not crazy. Let’s just get that out of the way before we talk about this recipe. I know it’s not healthy. I know that kids shouldn’t be taught to eat like this, but I also know that once a year you should do something totally awesome and blow everyone’s minds with breakfast. I mean, who could say no to reese’s syrup over double chocolate pancakes?! If it makes you feel better you can always serve this Reese’s Syrup over multigrain chocolate pancakes. Then it’s at least a little healthier. But I mean, that’s totally up to you.
Oh good mercy. This stuff is all kinds of awesome. I really don’t even know where to start. I mean, it’s chocolatey, it’s peanut buttery, it’s creamy, it’s delicious. Can’t you just picture sopping up all of that chocolate syrup with your fluffy, double chocolate pancakes right now? It’s pure heaven. And before you move on to the recipe, don’t forget to go pin everything from our Monday post because we’ve teamed up with Hershey’s and some of your favorite bloggers to bring you must make treats of the season!
Remember how on Monday I posted one of our new favorite treats? The Reese’s Mississippi Mud Bites that are the ultimate dessert? Well, I just loved everything that everyone came up with for the must make this holiday season and this little recipe is another you absolutely have to try. The pancakes are lightly flavored with chocolate and have little chocolate chips all throughout them which makes them deliciously double the chocolate pancakes.
What is it about those dang peanut butter cups?! Seriously, I cannot resist them. I actually feel the most inspired by them. Which is a little sad as it’s just candy, but every time I make a recipe with them I think up 10 more that I just HAVE to make. Which is good because Reese’s is still the number one searched for keyword on my site. Don’t believe me? Just check out the additional recipes I’ve listed at the bottom and pin them all until you’ve tried every single one. And it’s not just the peanut butter and chocolate flavor combo. Nope, there’s something lovely about the texture too. The peanut butter in particular. Right? Go eat one and just try to tell me you don’t notice.
Reese’s Syrup and Double Chocolate Pancakes
- 1½ Cups of Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Hershey's Cocoa
- 3 Tablespoons of Sugar
- ¾ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 3 Large Eggs
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- Chocolate Chips to taste
- 6 Tablespoons of Butter
- ¾ Cup Chocolate Milk
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa
- 1 Tablespoon Karo Syrup
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 6 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (regular sized), chopped, plus additional for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, milk and vanilla. Whisk together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine, being careful not to over stir. Add the chocolate chips
- Set aside until the syrup is ready. When you are ready to cook the pancakes, spread a little butter over a pan heated to medium heat. Pour out the pancakes into individual circles and allow to cook for a few minutes until the bubbles begin to form on top and begin to pop. Flip the pancake and cook until golden.
- Serve with syrup immediately.
- Pour all ingredients except the reese's peanut butter cups into a large sauce pan and cook over medium heat until it boils. Remove from the heat and stir in the Reese's, continuing to stir until the candy melts down completely. Serve immediately.
Reese’s Nutella Donut-I heart Naptime