Hey everyone! I’m Lindsay from Life, Love and Sugar, where I share all kinds of fun and tasty treats and desserts. I’m so excited to be guest posting today and sharing my Snickers Chocolate Cookie Cups recipe.
I love making easy everyday treats, as well as more elaborate desserts like a fun cake. And taking a fun cookie up a notch with these Snickers Chocolate Cookie Cups is right up my alley! An easy to make, over the top cookie that uses simple ingredients!
Growing up, I didn’t actually like Snickers. How crazy is that? Fortunately I came to my senses and now it’s one of my favorite things to bake with. Can’t beat chocolate, peanut butter and caramel!
The chocolate cookie used in this recipe is one of my favorites. Soft and chewy without being undercooked. And the dough is so easy to mix together.
Once you’ve got the dough made, you bake it in a mini cupcake tin to make the cookie cups. After they come out of the oven, add the mini Snickers. They’ll melt right into the cookie – gooey and delicious!
Once they’re cool, you’ll want to make the icing. It’s a light chocolate icing with a little bit of peanut butter added. Top the icing with a little caramel sauce and you have the perfect little cookie cup. FULL of flavor!
Of course, you could always make the cookie cups and leave the icing off. That’s how my husband prefers them. He doesn’t have the sweet tooth that I do. 🙂
Thanks so much for having me today. I hope you enjoy the cookie cups!
Snickers Chocolate Cookie Cups
- For the cookie cups:
- ¾ cups butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 48 mini Snickers bars
- For the icing and caramel:
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ⅛ cup cocoa
- ⅛ cup peanut butter
- 1-2 tbsp water
- caramel sauce (I used this one)
- Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
- Add milk, egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Dough will be thick.
- Grease a mini muffin tin.
- Make balls of about 2 large tsp in size and press into the bottom of each mini muffin cup. Press the center down just a bit to make an indention, where you'll add the mini snickers later. You want each cup to only be about ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove from oven (the centers may look a little undone, but they will cook more as they sit) and press mini snickers into the center of the cookie cups.
- Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes in the muffin tin. The mini Snickers will start to melt.
- Remove cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- To make the icing, beat the butter and shortening together until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar to the butter mixture, one cup at a time, and mix until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and cocoa and mix until smooth.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of water until the icing is the right consistency.
- Top the cookie cups with the icing, then a little bit of caramel sauce.
Looking for more tempting recipes?
Connect with Lindsay: