This post is simple, it’s just a sparkling lemonade with blackberries. Nothing crazy. No excessive amounts of juicing lemons or dumping gobs of sugar into a pitcher, just a classic recipe that’s totally refreshing on these crazy hot days, and yet our kids went nuts for it. Partnering with Equal for this post on National Lemonade Day was pure genius on our part too, read on to see why.
Who knew that a drink would get our kids so excited? Grandma’s house always has pink or regular lemonade when they visit and the girls have totally picked up on that. At our house I’m too lazy and so I always serve up water or milk. An occasional chocolate milk pops in on the weekend with our famous buttermilk pancakes or waffle love copycat waffles, but other than that I don’tn really do much in the drink category.
The main reason was I figured it would be loaded with sugar and I would much rather get my sugar in cookie form than drink it. But this recipe is different, it’s just Equal, a few lemons and sparkling water. How easy peasy is that?
And because we love our readers, we teamed up with Equal to give away a Lemonade Kit too! Here’s what’s included:
1) Equal® mason jar-style plastic drinking glass
2) Skinny Pop popcorn
3) Dark Blue folding hand fan
4) Joie lemon juicer
5) Tovolo King ice cube tray
6) Equal® Product:
a. 115-count box
b. Equal 4oz spoonful
7) Blackberry Sparkling Lemonade Recipe Card from The Diabetic
Chef® Chef Chris Smith
8) Equal® Recipe Guide Booklet
9) Equal® iPad holder (open it up to find a stand you can use to easily prop up your tablet or favorite recipe book)!
- 1-1/2 cups sparkling water
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup Equal® Spoonful or 6 packets Equal® sweetener
- 12 fresh blackberries
- Frozen Ice, as needed
- Fresh mint sprigs and lemon slices, optional
- Stir sparkling water, lemon juice and Equal until combined.
- Placee 6 blackberries and ice cubes in each of 2 tall glasses.
- Divide mixture between the glasses and serve. Garnish each glass with mint and fresh lemon slices, if desired.