We love crepes at our house, especially Nutella Crepes. Or at least Cade and the girls do. I eat mine with just a little sprinkle of sugar. I don’t know why but I love them that way.
There’s only one thing Cade hates about nutella crepes and I hope he won’t mind me telling you his pet peeve, but he hates the messy nutella jar and knife. Everyone digs in with the knife, smears it all over the crepe and either shoves the knife in the jar (my pet peeve is that one) or lays it across the top but either way it ends up a chocolate mess!
I love that crepes are something that you can fill with whatever you want, savory or sweet. I also love that they are so much lighter than a pancake, but you still get full on them. Delicious!
- 1½ Cups Whole Milk
- 4 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1 Large Egg plu 1 Egg Yolk
- ¾ Cup Flour
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- Mix the wet ingredients in one bowl and set aside. Mix the dry together and slowly whisk into the wet ingredients.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with a little oil in the pan. (We use nonstick so I skip the oil. The first crepe is always ugly, but the rest are all perfect) Pour about ¼- 1/3 cup batter into the pan, lift off the burner and swirl with your wrist to cover the entire bottom of the pan. Once the edges start to lift and curl, carefully flip the crepe. We prefer to use a rubber spatula. It bends and slides right under the crepe. If the crepe is sticking I can use it to carefully slide it under the edges first. Let the other side brown a little and remove to a plate.
- Serve with fresh berries and nutella!