A stuffed baked potato loaded with creamy deliciousness is perfect for those nights that you just don’t have the energy or the time to cook.
Baked potatoes were just what we needed the other night. We spent all of Christmas sick. This happens every year without fail. One of us, or all of us, always seem to end up with some kind of bug. It’s almost like clock work. I was not in the mood to cook very much so our meals were little and very easy to prepare and clean up. Not feeling well is bad enough but who wants to add preparing an elaborate meal and cleaning up a messy kitchen on top of it? Not me! Nothing sounded good and we have a huge bag of Idaho potatoes that need to be used. This cheesy chicken stuffed baked potato is the result, and it was seriously delicious. Soft, creamy, cheesy and full of flavor these were absolutely perfect! Just having a plain baked potato time and time again can get somewhat tedious and boring, but all of the added ingredients really make this dish one to praise. A pop of flavor from the corn, added creaminess from the heavy cream. Mmmmmmm…… so good! Next time I think we will add some broccoli or maybe peas. Let me know if you try that and how it works out!
If any of you aren’t feeling so hot this week try out this stuffed potato and get feeling better!
Stuffed Baked Potato
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cooked and chopped
- 3 Baked Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Chopped onion
- 1 Can of Corn, drained
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup (We used about ¾ of it)
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- ½ teaspoon Tarragon
- ½ Cup Cheese (we used medium cheddar)
- 3 Baked Potatoes
- After baking potatoes slice off the very tip top and scoop out the pulp. Mash the insides with a little bit of butter.
- In a large sauce pan heat oil and cook onion until softened.
- Add chicken, soup, cream, tarragon, corn, salt and pepper to taste. Cook through stirring every now and then.
- Stir in cheese until well combined. Serve over potato!