This Summer Strawberry Lemon Pie was delicious. Who doesn’t love fresh strawberry pie? I mean seriously? I loved the big juicey strawberries, hint of lemon to brighten things up and the flaky pie crust. It was all heaven. I pretty much ate the whole thing myself because I couldn’t keep from opening the fridge and taking a bite every time I walked by it.
I also loooooove finding new products that are better and make my life easier. I used Cornabys Ultra Gel. Friends, so much better than cornstarch! It worked like a charm to thicken things up. Have you tried it? You totally should. I hate if I can taste cornstarch in my food. HATE IT! Loved that the ultra gel didn’t have that starchy flavor. Loved it.
Summer Strawberry Lemon Pie
- 2 Quarts Fresh Strawberries, sliced in half
- 6 Tablespoons Ultra Gel
- 1½ Cups White Sugar
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1½ Cup Water
- 2 pie crusts or one deep dish Pie Crusts baked
- Smash ¼ of the berries with a pastry cutter.
- Mix the ultragel and sugar together. Add the lemon juice, zest, smashed berries, sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring the pan to medium heat and begin to cook through. Mix the ½ cup of water with the ultra gel and add to the saucepan. Let simmer until thickened, remove from the heat.
- Mix the strawberries and sauce together and dump in the pie crust. Turn over the top berries so that no insides of the berries are showing.
- Chill for a few hours (it took mine 2 hours) and enjoy!