Have you ever had Sweet Potato Enchiladas? OH, SWEET DELICIOUSNESS! You guys, I’m always honest with you. I always tell you the truth and the truth is, I looooove these. Cade really liked them. I looooooooved them.
The insides are creamy, healthy, cinnamon-y and filling. The outside has more texture and I love different textures. The cheese gets bubbly and crisp around the edges. I LOVE when cheese bakes to the pan. OH YUM. Then there’s the sauce. It’s light, sweet and creamy all at once. Everything is so well balanced. Love. Love. Love.
I adapted this recipe from Sugar Plum. I’ve read her blog since the beginning and I still love it. I love that she is true to herself.
Sweet Potato Enchiladas
Sweet Potato Enchiladas With Sweet Corn Crema
Recipe type: Main Dish
Crispy, cheesy, creamy these enchiladas are delicious!
- Recipe adapted from Sugar Plum
- 1 Large Can Sweet Potatoes,drained reallllly well and mashed (or two cups baked, mashed sweet potatoes)
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups crumbled queso fresco cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Red Enchilada Sauce
- 10 corn tortillas
Sweet Corn Crema
- ½ cup canned creamed corn
- ⅓ cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped cilantro
- Avocado slices, for garnish
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together sweet potatoes, black beans, 1 cup of queso fresco cheese, chili powder, cinnamon, and salt until well combined. Set Aside.
- Pour half of the enchilada sauce into a 13x9-inch baking dish. Warm tortillas in the microwave, covered in damp paper towels, about 1 minute. Place about ¼ cup sweet potato mixture in the middle of a tortilla, roll up, and place in baking dish; repeat process with remaining sweet potato mixture and tortillas.
- Drizzle remaining enchilada sauce on top of tortillas, and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Sweet Corn Crema
- In a food processor, puree creamed corn and sour cream until well combined and smooth; stir in cilantro until combined. Set Aside.
- Serve enchiladas with a drizzle of sweet corn crema, and top with avocado slices.