It is FINALLY starting to warm up a tad in Utah. Or at least we all hope that it’s done snowing. It could in fact continue until June, but let’s not think about that. In fact I think all of us are the same, we have summer on our minds and wit summer comes getting in shape. We are all doing it, slimming up so we can run around in cute outfits and bathing suits. March 14th marked 100 days until summer and I’ve teamed up with Tyson Foods specifically Tyson Grilled and Ready to help all of us participate in the “Countdown to a Better You” program. A way to eat smarter and win some cool stuff.
You’re right if you’re thinking that I don’t use many already cooked ingredients. I usually do it myself. One reason is that I enjoy cooking, but another is that prepared items seem to always be stuffed full of fat and preservatives, and I’m not going there. However, that’s not true in this case. So, if I can use Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken that’s 98% fat free and no preservatives, AND all I have to do is throw it in the skillet or microwave, you better believe I’m going to try it and make something delicious. Which leads directly into this cool infographic that I was able to borrow from Tyson Foods (thank you!).
Seriously, I love all of the fun little facts on here! Especially the one about how 43% of people are motivated after seeing their friends post or tweet about working out. WHAT?! That is awesome, you guys!
Let’s Motivate Each Other in 100 Days!
So, that kind of got me thinking, what if we really, truly did this together?! I think it could be awesome. I’ll post on facebook every time I work out, and I’ll even tell you what I did, but then I want you to let me know too. Seriously! Head over to Tyson Foods Grilled and Ready Facebok page and check out the Count down to a Better You tab, and then like my facebook page. Then let’s keep tabs on new recipes we try with their products, healthy snack ideas and of course workouts. I’m so excited to see if we can help motivate one another!
Anyway, back to life (back to reality… ohhhhh who’s singin’ with me now?!) and food. I wanted to created this specific recipe for a reason. It seems like as soon as you make the decision to change your life or be healthier every temptation in the world hits. So, what better way to start than with a healthier recipe that’s fast, easy and just as delicious? Plus, it has mango and bacon. Enough said.
The chicken is by far the easiest part, throw the Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips in a skillet, turn it once and it’s done. Dump it on a plate and place the pan back on the heat. Add the turkey bacon, cook low and slow so the tiny bit of fat (compared to pork) renders out. Remove the bacon and quickly add the rest of the ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon to lift the browned bits and grease. Add the crumbled bacon back in, toss to coat and serve it over the chicken with chopped mango and avocado. BOOM! Done and done. Oh, and my favorite part it that you could totally serve this as a salad for a few extra nutrients or just naked on a plate. Either way, that bacon dressing is totally swoon worthy and trust me, you will be licking the plate when you’re done. It’s delicious alone or served as a salad so mix it up and try whichever way you prefer.
How to Participate
There are two great ways to participate!
1.Simply head to Facebook.com/GrilledandReady and click on the “Countdown to a Better You”
tab. Then, register for the program. Start purchasing Tyson® Grilled & Ready® products – you
only need six bags to be eligible for the first prize level.
2.Or, as an added bonus, you can also enter the sweepstakes for a chance to win one of 10 grand
prizes – a $500 VISA gift card.
How Do I Start Winning?
1. Buy Tyson® Grilled & Ready® products
2. Save UPC codes from eligible Tyson® Grilled & Ready® products
3. Redeem by mailing in UPC codes along with the submission form available at
Facebook.com/GrilledandReady to receive gift codes you can use at online retailers.
A healthier option for lunch or dinner. 98% Fat free grilled chicken served with avocado and mango and topped with a warm bacon dressing.
- 2 Cups Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken
- 1/2 Mango, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 Avocado, Chopped
- Salad Greens *optional
- Cilantro for garnish
- 4 Slices Turkey Bacon
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Juice from 1 1/2 Limes
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the frozen or cold chicken, and cook for 3-5 minutes, turning once until heated through. Remove the chicken to a plate, and return the pan to the heat.
- Add the turkey bacon to the pan, and turn down to medium low. Allow the bacon to cook for 4-8 minutes, turning once. The lower heat will allow more fat to render out. Remove the bacon to a plate, and the pan to the heat.
- In a small bowl add the chopped mango and avocado, stirring to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the water, honey, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Turn the heat back to medium and add the olive oil and garlic, stirring with a wooden spoon quickly to allow the garlic to cook through a little and scraping up the browned bacon bits and grease. This should only take a couple seconds, and then add the honey mixture. Allow the dressing to cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until it begins to simmer and reduce. Crumble the bacon and add to the pan, stirring to combine.
- If you choose to do a salad, place the greens on a plate, otherwise just the chicken and to with the mango avocado salsa, and then the warm dressing. Serve immediately.
This is delicious alone or with salad greens
More Healthy Ideas
Veggie Wrap with our favorite Honey Avocado Dressing
*I am in a working partnership with Tyson Grilled and Ready, but the opinions and ideas are my own.