These White chocolate Peppermint Oreos are one of my new favorite Holiday Cookies. They are more rich than just a basic oreo, but in a very good way. You must go buy the Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking CHips. They are wonderful and there are so many things that you can do with them.
I took these cookies to a cookie exchange with Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. It was a lovely time and I so enjoyed getting to know fellow bloggers. It was probably one of the nicest little brunches that I’ve been to because everyone was so mellow and kind. I love that. I hate the ones that everyone is just trying to one up or self promote. It’s just not as fun. Please make sure you check out their website, Cookies For Kids’ Cancer. It’s such a wonderful cause. And be sure to make these cookies for Santa. I’m sure you will adore them!
White Chocolate Peppermint Oreos
- Recipe by Me
- 1¼ Cup Butter,softened (MUST be softened)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2½ Cup Flour
- ¾ Cup Unsweetened Hersheys Cocoa
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Recipe By Me
- 6 Oz White Chocolate (I use ghirardelli chocolate and each square is one oz)
- ½ Cup plus 1 Tablespoon Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Butter, Unsalted, Softened
- 4-5 Cups Powdered Sugar (I used just over 4, but one time needed almost 5 for some reason)
- 1 Cup Andes Peppermint Chips
- Heat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until smooth and lightened in color. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together all of the dry ingredients. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix only until the ingredients are well incorporated. You don't want to over mix this cookie.
- Spoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack.
- Frost the underside of one cookie and then place another on top. Devour!
- Place the white chocolate and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl, and heat for 30 second intervals, stirring between each one until smooth and melted.
- Add the butter and powdered sugar to the chocolate and using a hand mixer, mix until smooth.
- Fold in the peppermint chips.