Hello there! Sarah from Broma Bakery here. I’m so excited for my first guest post today! A little about myself: I live in Michigan, I do yoga, I love to eat, and my favorite food is brownies.
Yes, brownies. They are perfect in every way. Fudgy, moist, chocolatey, and oh-so-satisfying. I’ve loved brownies ever since I was a little girl. In fact, in my family there was hardly a day when there was no brownie mix in our pantry. I quite literally grew up on the stuff.
So as an introduction, I knew that I had to share these blackberry cheesecake brownies with you all. It’s like sharing a little piece of my heart!
These brownies felt perfect: a rich brownie base topped with tangy cheesecake, all swirled with tart blackberries. I kept reaching for little bits of fallen brownie during this photoshoot because I just couldn’t stop eating them!
Plus, who doesn’t love dessert that looks gourmet? At least I would venture to say that these do! No one will know that you actually made these babies in your PJs while drinking your morning coffee.
Plus, unless you’re living in California, Hawaii, or Texas, we’re all in the middle of an atrocious winter and deserve some sunshine right about now. Enter these blackberry cheesecake brownies.
Then again, if you are in California, Hawaii, or Texas, you’re totally welcome to have some of our brownies.
I so look forward to seeing you all around! And feel free to pop over to Broma Bakery to say hi! I’d love to officially meet you!
Connect with Sarah:
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 oz fresh or frozen blackberries
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 1 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cook blackberry puree by combining all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes. Use a whisk or spoon to help break down the blackberries. Once cooked, place a fine mesh strainer over a small bowl and, using a spatula, squeeze through all of the liquid and dispose of the solids. Let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8"x8" baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. In a microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt the butter. Stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt. Once combined, fold in cocoa powder and flour. Pour the brownie batter into the baking dish, spreading evenly to the edges.
- Combine all cheesecake ingredients in a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Cream for 2-3 minutes on medium-high speed. Pour over brownie batter, spreading evenly to the edges. Drizzle the blackberry puree on top of the cheesecake batter and swirl using a fork, knife, or toothpick. Try to swirl only into the cheesecake batter, not the brownie batter.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the cheesecake begins to turn golden and a knife inserted in the center of the brownies comes out mostly clean. Place in fridge and allow to cool for at least 2 hours but up to overnight. Cut into 9 large squares. Store brownies in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
More chocolate deliciousness: