Candied nuts are such a favorite during the winter months, but we just made candied pretzels and oh my goodness they are good!!
Last year I made candied macadamia nuts and they were kind of awesome. In fact I think they were addicting which is always a good sign that a recipe turned out perfectly. Well this year I was going to make our candied nuts snack mix, which I’m also obsessed with, like a lot and I thought, dude (yes, I say dude a lot, it’s a problem) I wonder if you can candy pretzels.
Bringing Snacks into the Movie Theater
You can. Oh my goodness you can! I may have filled a bag with salty peanuts, these candied pretzels and craisins and stuffed the whole thing in my diaper bag for the movie theater. Is that bad? I always feel a little guilty, but it’s not that I’m bringing in anything I could have bought, and one of the boys Cade worked with in scouts a few years ago worked at a theater and said they could care less, so maybe it’s alright.
I have in fact walked in holding tupperware with cookies and water bottles and no one ever said anything. What are your thoughts?
These pretzels are super duper easy to make. You’ll want to remember to whisk that egg white and water as quickly as you can for at least 30-60 seconds because you really want it to be foaming to coat the pretzels. You don’t have to use pumpkin pie spice, you could throw a little cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in instead, I’m just all about one stop shopping and pumpkin pie spice is that for baking.
If you make this recipe make sure you tag #ohsweetbasil and @ohsweetbasil on social media so we can see!
Easy Candied Pretzels
- 3 Cups Mini Pretzels
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg white and water until very foamy, about 1 minute.
- In another bowl, stir together the sugars and spice.
- In a large bowl, toss together the pretzels and egg white. Fold in the sugar mixture until everything is coated.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool for 2-4 hours. Store in airtight containers.