These Cheesy Irish Sliders made with corned beef, Dubliner Irish cheese, sauerkraut & Irish mustard on potato slider rolls are a must have!
Hi Everyone! I’m Carrie from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen and I’m so happy to be able to share this recipe for Cheesy Irish Sliders with everyone here at Oh Sweet Basil today.
St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner and with that comes all of those tasty, Irish inspired recipes. Corned beef is one of my favorites and I prefer simmering it slowly for a few hours in beer; then baking it with some spicy Irish mustard on top for the last half hour. It’s always moist and delicious!
This year I wanted to try a new recipe using corned beef and decided on these Irish Sliders. These sandwiches are perfect when feeding a crowd because you can make them earlier in the day; then just bake when ready to serve.
For this recipe you’ll need corned beef, Dubliner Irish cheese, spicy Irish mustard, sauerkraut, potato slider rolls, butter and poppy seeds. You can either make your own corned beef ahead of time; then slice it or you can purchase it sliced at your local deli counter.
The ladder saves you a LOT of time; which is what I did for this recipe. I also like using the potato slider rolls because they have a nice flavor and are soft; which makes it easier to bite into.
Start by slicing the rolls in half and lining the bottom half in the bottom of an oven safe dish. Next, top with corned beef, cheese and sauerkraut. Place the dish in the oven under the broiler for about 3-5 minutes until the cheese starts to melt; then remove from the oven.
Next, add mustard to the top half of the roll and place on top of the sandwiches. Melt the butter in a small saucepan on top of the stove and add poppy seeds. If you prefer, you can use sesame seeds or omit the seeds altogether.
Once the butter is melted with the seeds, brush on top of the buns. Bake for another 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the tops are lightly browned.
This recipe makes twelve cheesy Irish Sliders and my family (and my neighbors!) LOVED this recipe! I can’t wait to make it again with any leftover corned beef from St. Patrick’s Day too. ~Enjoy!
Cheesy Irish Sliders
- 12 Potato Slider Rolls
- ¾ lb. Corned Beef, sliced thin
- 3oz. Dubliner Irish Cheese, sliced thin
- 1 c. Sauerkraut
- ⅓ c. Spicy Irish Mustard
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Poppy Seeds
- Set oven to broil and allow to preheat.
- Slice the rolls in half and line the bottom half in the bottom of an oven safe dish.
- Next, top with corned beef, cheese and sauerkraut. Place the dish in the oven under the broiler for about 3-5 minutes until the cheese starts to melt; then remove from the oven and lower oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, add the mustard to the top half of each roll and place on top of the sandwiches.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on top of the stove and add poppy seeds; then brush on top of the buns.
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the tops are lightly browned.
To see more of my recipes, visit Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
or Connect with me on Social Media
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Bloglovin’