So, for years now I’ve been thinking that egg salad looked so lame and gross. I never even tried it because I didn’t see the point. And, let’s be honest, how often are you somewhere that you get offered egg salad? I know I never did. Earlier this year we went to a little sandwich shop that was new in town and my husband ordered an egg salad sandwich. I just looked at him. Seriously? That’s what you are getting? Well, I ordered my turkey and avocado and we ate lunch. I didn’t even think to try his sandwich, but I did say, “since when have you liked those?” I mean, we have been married for over 5 years and not once have I seen him eat egg salad. He explained he has always liked egg salad sandwiches he just doesn’t think about making it. Huh. Interesting.
So, then I got pregnant and sick and pretty much IV therapy became my source of nutrition. I totally forgot about egg salad. Until this past week. IT’S DELICIOUS! I’ve been missing out all of these years!!! I love deviled eggs so why didn’t I think about trying egg salad?! So, my dear friends, your job this week is to try this. Have it for lunch, for dinner, a snack, a sandwich or a wrap, who cares, just try it!
The BEST Egg Salad Sandwich
- ¾ Cup Light Mayonnaise
- 2-3 T Mustard (to taste)
- 1 Teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Dill Weed, chopped or ½ Teaspoon Dried
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Pepper (fresh ground to taste)
- 8-10 Hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Whole Wheat Tortillas or Bread
- Fresh Spinach* optional
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, mayonnaise, onion powder, dill, salt and pepper.
- Combine the chopped eggs and dressing. Place in the fridge to chill for a couple of minutes.
- Place some egg salad on each tortilla and a couple leaves of spinach. Enjoy!!!
This is my favorite, favorite lunch. Turkey bacon wrap with avocado dressing, piles of veggies and a little cheese!